Bye, bye, Boboli. Make your pizza crust from scratch—and power it up with some muscle-building protein—with this delicious thin-crust recipe!
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 10 g pea protein powder
- ¼ cup unflavored whey protein powder
- ⅜ cup rolled oats
- 2 salt and pepper to taste
- Using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients together until you get a thick pancake-like batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan, and add a teaspoon of coconut oil or some low-calorie cooking oil/spray. Turn the heat to high until your oil begins to sizzle.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the pan, spreading it on the surface of the pan thinly with a spatula. Turn the heat down to medium to ensure your crust cooks evenly and doesn't burn.
- Once the bottom of the crust has cooked, flip it.
- Remove the crust from the pan and add your toppings. Begin with tomato paste, and then add your choice of topping. Finish by topping with cheese.
- Place the crust with all of your toppings under the grill or oven broiler for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the pizza looks done. That's it. Bon appétit!