Rather than making the common mistake of grabbing a sugar-loaded coffee, grab this favorite of Cellucor athlete and strongman Colton Leonard: protein peanut butter balls. His recipe below provides the perfect mix of protein and slow-digesting carbohydrates, which is the requirement of any between-meal snack he eats.
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup raw oats
- 3 scoop cellucor COR-Performance Whey, Molten Chocolate
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix all ingredients together, and roll into 1-2 inch balls.
- Sprinkle extra oats or crushed almonds over tops of rolled protein balls.
- Place in fridge for several hours, or overnight.