Everyone loves a piping hot slice of pizza, but the nutrition facts are often terrifying. Learn how to make a protein-fueled pie!
- ½ cup(s) pea protein powder
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ⅛ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 can tomatoes, canned
- ½ cup, shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 oz lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp, ground thyme
- 1 dash table salt
- Crust directions: Blend all of the ingredients together until you get a thick batter. Using a spoon, spread the batter onto either
- Bake at 320 F (160 C) for about 15 minutes or until the crust has cooked through.
- Assembly directions: Add toppings to the crust. I made mine by pan frying the onions and garlic until soft, letting the added beef simmer until cooked, throwing in the tomatoes and spices, and reducing for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened).
- Bake at 320 F (160 C) for about 10 minutes or until the cheese on top has melted. Top with additional cheese if desired.