Legend has it that a stiff wind through the kitchen led to the creation of mole sauce—an unexpected combination of sweet and savory tastes. Make yourself some complex, tasty, spicy mole, then spread it on a street taco. Doesn't get better than this!
- 6 oz skirt steak cubed
- 3 whole corn tortilla
- 28 g mexican four-cheese blend
- 30 g grape tomatoes
- 36 g lettuce shredded
mole sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp, ground oregano
- ½ tsp, whole cumin seed
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 20 g onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp arrowroot starch
- 20 g Pro Jym Cookie Crunch
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the steak pieces, cook until brown on all sides (about 4 minutes), remove from pan, and set aside.
- Wipe out pan and heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, cayenne, and cinnamon. Cook until onion is translucent, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring in 1/4 cup of chicken broth. Be sure to scrape all bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add chili powder to chicken broth, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add remaining chicken broth, bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer. Whisk in arrowroot starch and Chocolate Cookie Crunch Pro JYM until well incorporated. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add steak to the skillet and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until sauce has reduced by half and completely coats the meat.
- Divide the steak evenly between warmed tortillas. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and any other desired toppings.