Mushroom caps don't have to be reserved for appetizers alone. Break out the big guns with this fungus-fueled dish. The combination of veggies, cheese, and meat has never been more on point—or delicious.
- 12 oz roast beef
- 1½ oz fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 6 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 italian tomato tomatoes
- 1 oz fresh basil leaves
- Set oven to 350 F.
- Wash mushrooms in cold water and use a knife to remove the stems. Then, use a small spoon to gently scrape the interior of the mushroom until it's white.
- Build your slider: Part the mushroom cap (round side down), top with a few leaves of fresh basil, 1 roma tomato slice, 4 ounces shaved meat, 1/2 ounce mozzarella, 1 tbsp marinara, and the other mushroom cap to serve as the bun.
- Skewer with a kabob stick and place on a baking sheet. Use foil to prop the sliders up to prevent them from rolling around the pan.
- If desired, sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Repeat for the other two sliders.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.