When you hear the words ''buff vegetarian,'' does anyone come to mind? It's more than possible to build lean muscle without eating meat. If it sounds crazy, check out this recipe.
- 1 cup diced portabella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup, chopped onions
- 4 fl oz red wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ pound pasta
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 oz balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz Gimme Vegan Lean Sausage
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil on medium in a large saute pan. When the oil is hot, place onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the vegetables start to shrink and/or brown a little bit.
- They shouldn't be cooked all the way through. Add your favorite cooking red wine (I found both Merlot and Cabernet to be good options for this meal) and the "sausage" to the pan.
- Cook all together until the alcohol has cooked out of the wine and little liquid remains. Add your spices to the pan, to your taste.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, and then add your mushroom and sausage mix to the pasta. Mix well and place on top of a bed of fresh spinach.
- Drizzle with balsamic and eat up! I like this meal hot and cold.