Those candy canes you've got hanging on the tree are for more than just decoration. Put them to good use with this protein-packed take on peppermint bark! The sweet, minty combination of this seasonal dessert is sure to be a hit.
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 piece candy cane
- ⅛ tsp cake sprinkles
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place a layer of plastic wrap over a plate.
- Pour the mixture onto the plastic wrap in an even later (it doesn't have to be perfect).
- Top with 1/4 of a smashed candy cane (use a hammer) and 1/8 tsp of red and green edible sprinkles.
- Place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes or until hard.
- Break bark into pieces and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the freezer.