This smoothie is a fantastic solution for anyone who needs a boost of energy midmorning and may be heading to the gym shortly thereafter. It contains enough naturally occurring sugars from the fruit to help bring your energy levels up and get you ready for what your intense workout is going to deliver. If you have this smoothie right before you hit the gym, consider omitting the almond butter to keep the total fat content lower. But, if you're having this option at any other time of day, the almond butter will help stabilize blood glucose levels and help promote greater satiety.
- 1 scoop Kaged Muscle MicroPure Whey Protein Isolate, Vanilla
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- ½ cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla)
- 1 tbsp natural almond butter
- 2 cubes ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse blend until desired consistency is reached.