Serve up a fresh flavor your family is sure to love with this easy-to-make recipe!
- 16 oz cod atlantic
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp, ground oregano
- ½ tsp, ground basil, dried
- ¼ tsp, ground thyme
- 1 dash black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a wire cooling rack on top of it. Place the prepared baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Pat the fillets dry with a paper towel and season them with salt and black pepper.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, salt, and black pepper.
- In a second shallow dish, whisk together the egg and egg whites.
- In a third shallow dish, stir together the panko, parmesan cheese, dried oregano, basil, and thyme.
- Dredge each fillet in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the fillet in the egg wash, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Gently press the fillet into the breadcrumbs.
- Spray the tops generously with cooking spray.
- Carefully remove the preheated baking sheet, and place each fillet sprayed-side down on the cooling rack. Spray the other side with cooking spray.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Pro tip: Use a meat thermometer to make sure your fish has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F before plating, to guarantee that it's done.