Even though beets are low-calorie foods, they are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This delicious root is a key source of glycine betaine, which helps lower homo-cysteine levels in the blood to keep it from clotting and developing problems such as coronary heart disease, stroke, and vascular diseases.
- ⅓ cup beets
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Boil beets for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, rinse with cold water, and let cool. Remove skin.
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend on high until smooth.