This make-ahead stick-to-your-ribs breakfast will let you get out the door in short order with the kick and nutrition you need to tackle your day.
- ½ cup steel-cut oats
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup coffee, brewed
- ¼ cup skim milk
- In a jar or Tupperware container, combine the oats, protein powder, chia seeds, cocoa powder, syrup, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the hot coffee, and cover tightly.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- In the morning, top with some warmed milk and any desired toppings like berries and nuts.