This kitchen hack of soaking the oats in warm water overnight gets your bowl of creamy, satisfying oatmeal on the table in a flash. Too sinful with added coffee, flavored protein powder, and sweet-tart cherries? Nope.
- 1¼ cup steel-cut oats
- ½ cup milk (2% fat)
- 2 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup, without pits cherries, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- Place steel-cut oats, a pinch of salt, and 2-1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a slight simmer, immediately turn off the heat, and let oats soak covered overnight.
- In the morning, stir milk, protein powder, cocoa powder, coffee powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla into the pot with the oats. Heat over medium-low until oats are warmed through.
- Place oats in serving bowls and top with cherries and nuts. Enjoy!