Who doesn't love a good BLT? This delicious sandwich will please your taste buds with a combination of turkey and bacon that's sure to fuel your gains.
- 5 oz ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 2 slice bacon
- 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 slice, thin/small tomatoes
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- In a bowl, season the turkey with Italian or herb seasoning, garlic, smoked paprika, green onion, and sea salt and pepper. Mix and form into a patty.
- Slice the bacon in half, and create a mini bacon grid for your burger.
- Cook the bacon in the microwave for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn. Allow the bacon to cool and harden.
- Place the patty in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. After that, place a slice of cheddar on top and cook for an additional 30-45 seconds.
- Lastly, assemble the burger. Place the Dijon, lettuce, tomato, patty, and bacon grid on the bun. For a lower-carb solution, use Portobello mushroom caps instead of whole-wheat buns.
- Shredding Boost: Replace wheat buns with mushroom caps. Here's how to do it: 1. Remove the stems from 2 large Portobello mushroom caps, and scrape out the insides using a spoon. Spray the caps with olive oil, and cook in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. 2. Once finished cooking, place the caps on a paper towel and allow them to dry out for 2 minutes.