Instead of skipping the most important meal of the day, dig into deliciousness in a mug with this fiber-packed breakfast. Not only is this dish extremely easy to make, it's a perfect portable fit for that cup holder on the drive to work.
- ½ cup plain instant oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp honey
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- ⅛ tsp coconut oil
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Spray the inside of a tall coffee mug with coconut oil.
- Combine the oatmeal, flaxseed, cinnamon, almond milk, egg, and raw honey or Stevia in the mug.
- Toss in fresh or frozen blueberries and gently mix together.
- Place the mug in the microwave for 3 minutes, but check it after 2 minutes of cooking to ensure it doesn't bubble over and make a mess.
- Use caution when handling; it'll be pretty hot. Enjoy the oatmeal by itself or with milk, Greek yogurt, or almond butter.
- Optional Protein Boost: Add 1/2 scoop of vanilla Cellucor Cor-Performance Whey and a few more tablespoons of almond milk to ensure it doesn't dry out when cooking.