Any time you roast squashes or root vegetables, you deepen the flavors and add a touch of earthy sweetness. That's certainly true with this quick and hearty recipe. Eggplant and zucchini form the base of this dish, while berbere-spiced yogurt, peppery arugula, and pomegranate seeds add spice and freshness. Ready in less than 20 minutes, this is an easy and flavorful recipe for any night of the week.
- ½ eggplant
- ½ zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp berbere spice
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful arugula, raw
- 1 dash table salt
- Slice the eggplant, and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 5 minutes while you do the same to the zucchini. Rinse and pat dry the eggplant.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Toss the eggplant and zucchini together with the olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, berbere, and cilantro.
- To serve, drizzle yogurt over the roasted eggplant and zucchini and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Toss the arugula with some olive oil, and place on top.