This simple-to-make, low-carb mango chicken is served over coconut cauliflower rice. With a little fresh ginger and habanero, it packs a flavorful punch!
Sauce Ingredients Ingredients
- 2½ tsp coconut oil
- 1½ tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp habanero pepper, diced
- ¾ cup orange mango juice
- ½ tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
Chicken Ingredients Ingredients
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Cauliflower Rice Ingredients Ingredients
- 3 cup head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dried unsweetened coconut flakes
Garnish Ingredients Ingredients
- ½ frozen mango pieces
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp green onion, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Sauce Directions: Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the ginger, garlic, and habanero pepper, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the juice and coconut aminos. Raise the temperature to high heat, and bring to a boil. While liquid is boiling, place the tapioca flour in a small bowl.
- Once the liquid comes to a boil, add 2 teaspoons of it to the bowl with the tapioca flour and whisk until smooth. While stirring constantly, pour the tapioca mixture into the sauce and boil for 2 minutes.
- After the sauce has boiled, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces by about 1/4 and becomes shiny, about 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to a large bowl to let it cool and thicken while you make the chicken.
- Chicken Instructions: Place the tapioca flour in a large Ziploc bag. Cut the chicken into cubes, season it with salt and pepper and add it into the bag, shaking until evenly coated in the flour.
- In a medium pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Place half of the chicken into the pan, being careful not to crowd it, and cook until golden and browned, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Transfer the chicken to a paper-towel-lined plate, and blot off any excess oil. Repeat with the remaining chicken. If the chicken starts cooking too quickly, turn the heat down slightly.
- While the chicken cooks, place the cauliflower in a large food processor and process until broken down and rice-like.
- Heat the 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and add the cauliflower and coconut flakes. Cook until lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and mango cubes into the bowl with the sauce and toss until evenly coated.
- Divide the chicken and cauliflower between two plates and garnish with cilantro, green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!