It's time to lay down the spatulas, turn off the oven, unplug the food processor, and turn off the dishwasher. That's right: It's time to unveil the winning dish of the #FitMenCookoff. Among all the delicious stuffed meats, handmade tostadas, munch-worthy fritters, easy-to-eat rolls, and tangy dressings, one dish stood apart.
- 3 whole sweet potato
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tsp splenda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice, ground
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Set oven to 375°F.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 1-1/2 hours or until soft, yet still firm.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool to room temperature. Note: You should immediately remove the sweet potatoes from foil if you wrapped them before baking.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half, carve out a portion of the insides, and place it in a separate bowl. The hollowed-out sweet potatoes should look like mini bowls.
- In the bowl with the sweet potato contents, add Greek yogurt, zero-calorie sweetener, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla extract. Mash and thoroughly mix together.
- Restuff the sweet potato halves with the mixture and bake in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Chop the green apple into small pieces.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and spray with coconut oil spray.
- Toss in the chopped green apple and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Saute the apple until the edges are brown.
- Add the twice-baked sweet potato to your meal-prep container. Top with apple and 1 tsp chopped pecans.
- Dive in. Boom.