Looking for a muscle-building dish that packs a savory punch? Loaded oatmeal could be just what you're craving. Topped with turkey bacon, cheddar cheese, and red potatoes, this dish is a savory mountain of a meal. To carb up for heavy training days, just add a few more potatoes or extra oats for a muscle-building masterpiece.
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup, diced red Potatoes
- 2 strip low-sodium turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook rolled oats as directed. Set aside.
- Set oven to 410 degrees F.
- Chop red potatoes into pieces and season with garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Cook turkey bacon in a nonstick skillet while the potatoes are baking in the oven. Once the bacon has finished cooking, allow it to slightly cool and harden. Then, chop the bacon into pieces to create "bacon bits."
- Add the chopped red potatoes, bacon bits, Greek yogurt and shredded cheddar cheese to the cooked oatmeal.
- Garnish with freshly chopped green onion. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.