Turn Taco Tuesday into taco every day with this low-carb recipe.
- 2 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 1 cup, chopped onions
- 6 tbsp (1 serving) taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup, chopped or sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 2 green bell pepper
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 yellow bell pepper
- ¾ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground turkey and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat until no pink remains.
- Add the taco seasoning and half a cup of water. Simmer the mixture for 5-10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- While the taco meat simmers, wash six bell peppers, cut them in half across the center, and remove the seeds.
- Transfer the meat from the skillet to a large mixing bowl. Add the black beans, sweet corn, and diced tomato, and stir to combine.
- Arrange the pepper halves on a baking sheet, and divide the filling evenly between halves.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for 30-35 minutes until tender.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, top each half with a tablespoon of shredded cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the tacos hot, or store them in the fridge up to one week, reheating in the oven or microwave.