I don't know about you, but I love Mexican food! These healthy enchiladas are filled with spiced ground beef, peppers, onion, and melty cheese. Yum! They're easy to make, low in fat, and gluten-free! I divided my enchiladas into airtight containers for a week's worth of meal prep. Convenient and delicious!
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup, chopped green bell pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp, ground black pepper
- 15 oz red enchilada sauce
- 16 corn tortilla
- 1½ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish or baking pan.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spatula.
- Drain fat and add onion, garlic, and peppers. Sauté until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Season beef with cumin, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel, then heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour enchilada sauce into one medium bowl and shredded cheese into another.
- Dip a warm tortilla in enchilada sauce, and set in casserole dish.
- Fill tortilla with 3 tablespoons of beef mixture and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Roll up and arrange in corner of dish, seam side down. Repeat with all tortillas and beef.
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas in pan. Sprinkle the tops evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!