Ditch the usual scoop of deli-counter tuna salad on a bagel! Instead of going for the same old fish, dig into some salmon. Paired with fresh pinapple for a citrus kick, and topped with creamy avocado dressing for a dose of healthy fats, this wrap is something you'll want to sink your teeth into.
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla (10-inch)
- 6 oz wild salmon
- 1 cup, chopped endive
- 1 cup spinach
- ⅓ cup, chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup, chunks pineapple
Creamy Avocado Green Chile Dressing Ingredients
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 oz green chilies, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp cumin
- ⅔ cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- In a food processor, blend together all the ingredients for the creamy avocado green chili dressing until smooth, then season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Place the dressing in an airtight container to enjoy at a later time.
- Place all the salad ingredients on a large cutting sheet. Using the longest and sharpest knife you have, begin to chop up the salad to desired thickness.
- Once the salad is chopped, add it to a mixing bowl and add 1/5 of the dressing, and refrigerate the remaining dressing in a tightly sealed container. Mix the salad together with a spatula, then place some of the contents on a whole-wheat tortilla. Fold in the sides, and tightly roll up the wrap.
- Enjoy any leftover chopped salad by itself.