Your favorite part-time appetizer gets a keto-friendly makeover in this simple yet tasty one-dish recipe.
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1½ lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 4 tbsp fat-free cream cheese
- 5 egg
- ⅓ cup, whipped heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 4 tbsp red hot sauce
- 5 oz low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp red hot sauce
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet on medium heat until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside to cool. Break or chop into pieces once cooled. Drain about half of the grease from the skillet, then place it back on the heat.
- Reduce heat to low. Add garlic and onion and caramelize, about 3 minutes. Try not to burn the garlic. Scrape garlic and onion mixture into a mixing bowl and set aside. Place skillet back on stove and turn up heat to medium.
- Add the ground meat to the skillet and cook through, about 7 minutes. Chop up the meat in the skillet while it cooks. Add a splash of hot sauce if you like it extra spicy!
- Once there are no longer any pink pieces, drain any excess oil, reduce the heat of the skillet, then add caramelized onion mixture and cream cheese to the skillet and mix everything together.
- Spread the mixture in a small, 8-inch square baking dish.
- Add chopped jalapeño to dish and sprinkle only half of the crumbled bacon on top.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and hot sauce. Pour it over the beef mixture and spread to coat evenly. Pat mixture down slightly in the dish.
- Add the cheddar cheese, then top it off with sliced jalapeño and the remaining crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through and the top is golden brown with crispy edges. Allow the casserole to slightly cool before slicing.
- Garnish with Greek yogurt, green onions, any remaining bacon crumbs, and additional hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy with cauliflower rice or grilled asparagus.