If you really want to kick your eggs up a notch, try these Egg and Ham Cups; they're delicious and easy to make.
- 1 slice low-fat deli ham
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 slice, thin/small tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Spray the cups of a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press the sliced ham into the muffin tin cup, forming a ham cup.
- Place the tomato slice in the cup.
- Crack the egg and drop it in on top of the tomato.
- Repeat this process for as many cups as desired.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the egg is almost cooked.
- Top with cheese and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Once the cup has cooled, use a spatula to carefully transfer it to a plate.
- Eat with your choice of carbs, such as a piece of fruit, oats, or whole-wheat bread.