This sweet and sour chicken recipe is the best! It's simple, delicious, and works in any fit kitchen. Even better: this recipe makes enough food to feed about four people. Now you can wow your friends or parents when they come for dinner.
- 3 piece chicken breast
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp, ground black pepper
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 serving 1 packet splenda
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp low-sugar ketchup
- 1 cup brown rice
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Season the chicken with the garlic salt and pepper, turning to coat.
- Cook the chicken over medium/high heat until done (no pink centers).
- Meanwhile, whisk together chicken broth, vinegar, sweetener, soy sauce, and ketchup in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then turn to low heat. Add the arrowroot a little at a time, whisking briskly.
- Let the sauce set up by continuing to stir for about two minutes.
- Pour sauce over cooked chicken and serve with brown rice and vegetables.