We've all grown up with the traditional beefy, cheese-plastered hamburgers that you see at barbecues and restaurants all over the U.S. So tasty, yet so ruthlessly unhealthy! That's why I decided turn this American pastime on its head and churn out something that matches the taste, and outmatches the nutrition.
- 2 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 4 whole zucchini, finely shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp, leaves basil, dried
- 1 tsp, leaves oregano
- 1 tsp, ground black pepper
- Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that burgers will be about 2 inches from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine grated zucchini, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, pepper and then turkey.
- Mix well and scoop out 4-5 oz portions. Mixture will be really moist so for easier clean up, use a foil-lined baking sheet, prepped with nonstick spray.
- Place burgers in oven and broil for 7 minutes. Carefully flip each burger and continue to broil for another 7 minutes on the other side. Serve warm.