Jamie Eason makes healthy eating a sweet treat! Her Honey Almond Protein Crisps are a great alternative to store-bought sweets and processed snacks.
- 3 cup Nature's Path Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup raw oats
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup splenda, brown sugar blend
- ¾ cup natural almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- Pour the crispy rice, protein powder, whole oats and crushed almonds into a large bowl and shake gently. Avoid stirring, to keep the protein powder from settling on the bottom.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the brown sugar, almond butter, and honey, and microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until combined.
- Add the almond butter mixture to the crispy rice mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until every piece is coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 9x13 Pyrex dish, or use cookie cutter shapes as molds, and fill with the mixture, pressing firmly into place. Place the 9x13 Pyrex dish in the freezer for at least one hour. Allow the crisp to soften a bit before cutting the squares, or simply break off pieces with your hands. (If using cookie cutters, be sure to remove them before putting the crisp in the freezer.)
- Store in the freezer.