You now have no excuse to blow your diet on doughnuts! These protein donuts have a rich spiced-gingerbread flavor and that classic cake-doughnut texture (great for dunking in your coffee). These also have fantastic macros. And the glaze is just perfection!
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ tsp powdered Stevia
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tbsp baking soda
- 1 salt to taste
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup ground cloves
- ¾ cup butternut squash, baked
- ¼ tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup cashew milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp powdered Stevia
- ⅛ cup ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then mix in wet ingredients.
- Spoon batter into a sealable baggie and cut off one corner to make a piping bag. Use piping bag to squeeze batter into doughnut wells.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until firm.
- While doughnuts cool, mix up your icing. Spread icing over cooled doughnuts and enjoy!