If you need a quick meal, this soup is perfect! Double or triple the recipe and then freeze it in individual containers for an easy lunch you can bring to work.
- ¼ cup brown rice
- ¼ cup, sliced onions
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- ½ cup stalk celery
- ½ cup strips or slices carrots
- 2 chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp, ground oregano
- 1 tsp, leaves basil, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a separate pot, heat chicken broth and water over medium heat and add bay leaf.
- Once boiling, add diced vegetables and chicken.
- Simmer for 4-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked and veggies have reached desired tenderness.
- Add garlic, spices and brown rice and simmer another 2-3 minutes.