Too often, people lock into the mindset that they can only have "breakfast foods" upon waking, but having egg whites every morning, month after month, would become boring. Don't be afraid to include other lean proteins and whole-grain carbohydrates.
- 5 oz 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- ½ medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) green bell pepper
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch table salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper
- Poke holes in sweet potato with a fork. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Dice bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Store remainder in fridge for a future meal.
- Cook ground turkey in a separate skillet. This dish works if you already have turkey cooked ahead of time too.
- Using a nonstick frying pan, begin to sauté vegetables on medium-high heat.
- Add salt, garlic powder, and red pepper to taste.
- Once sweet potato is finished cooking, allow to cool for 2 minutes before handling.
- Upon cooling, dice sweet potato into small cubes. Add to frying pan.
- Continue to sauté ingredients until vegetables are tender.
- Incorporate ground turkey and mix until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer ingredients to plate, top with salsa, and enjoy!