Sticking to your Lean Body Meal Plan is easy with this grilled veggies recipe.
- 1 eggplant, peeled (yield from 1-1/4 lb) eggplant
- 1 whole zucchini, sliced
- 1 whole diced red bell pepper
- 10 whole mushroom
- 1 whole red onion, diced
- 4 whole asparagus spears
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 dash black pepper
- Turn the grill on high.
- Wash all veggies. Slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch circles, then cut into halves. Cut off the ends of the squashes and slice into 1/2-inch circles. Cut the mushrooms in half. Remove the stems and bottoms of the peppers; slice them open; discard the seeds and cut the flesh into large squares. Cut the onions into 1/2-inch wedges, but do not pull the layers apart. Break off the heavy stems of the asparagus, then cut the asparagus in half.
- Combine the oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, and divide between two bags. Put half of each vegetable into each bag. Zip closed and shake to coat the veggies with the oil mixture.
- Place the veggie grill basket on the grill and put in the vegetables. Toss to cook evenly for about 10 min. The veggies are best if a little charred but are still crunchy.
- Serve hot sprinkled with parmesan cheese, or cold drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar.