Need a low-carb, high-protein meal? Say no more! With this steak salad, you'll get all the protein you want without the carbs you don't. The arugula will also provide a big hit of vitamins A, K, and Folate as well as some Calcium and Potassium. The best part, however, is the yummy Asian-inspired flavor!
- 2 cup arugula, raw
- 4 oz flank steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Shake thoroughly to mix well.
- Add flank steak to bag and make sure rub thoroughly covers steak. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place sliced onions and mushrooms in tin foil and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Light grill.
- Grill steak to desired temperature. Place veggies on grill for about 5-10 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Top arugula with veggies, sliced steak, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.