Don't consider yourself a fan of eggplant? Maybe you just haven't had it cooked the right way. Many people don't think of preparing eggplant for a barbecue, but when done right it can be smoky, tender, and tasty, along with being a great low-calorie, high-fiber side dish.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp, ground basil, dried
- 1 tsp, ground oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut the eggplant into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, basil, oregano, and onion powder.
- Brush the sides of the eggplant with this mixture until well coated, then place on the grill.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes, then flip the eggplant slices over and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the cooked side. (You may want to brush a bit more of the oil mixture over it first to give the cheese something to stick to).
- Cook for another 7-8 minutes until both sides are done.