French toast is a classic breakfast favorite, but it's not really part of a healthy nutrition plan. With the right substitutions however, you can re-introduce it into your fit diet! Since this is a carb-heavy meal, try adding a few slices of turkey bacon or a protein shake for more balanced nutrition.
- 4 slice ezekiel bread
- 2 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 banana
- to taste cinnamon
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, skim milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Submerse both bread slices in egg mixture; place on the grill.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, flip, and cook other side until desired crispiness is reached.
- Place sliced bananas on the grill. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Top French toast with banana slices. If you'd like additional toppings, try natural peanut butter and/or sugar-free maple syrup.