Cooking fruit on the grill is all the rage, and for good reason! The heat and smoke of the grill adds a unique, subtle flavor to the sweetness of any fruit. This dish can easily simmer alongside your meats and be ready for desert as they gently poach in white wine. Prep-wise it's as easy as it gets, and they'll be a hit at a barbecue or any event.
- 2 pears
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tbsp granulated Stevia
- to taste cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fat-free whipped cream
- Spray a grill-safe baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut the pears in half, removing the cores, then place in the dish cored side down.
- In a small bowl, mix together the white wine and Splenda, then pour over the pears. Place the cinnamon stick in the dish with the pears.
- Place the dish on the grill and cook for about 15 minutes.
- When the pears are soft and can be easily pricked with a fork, remove them from the dish and serve immediately with whipped topping.