You can have your pie and eat it too with this fruit-inspired protein creation.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp natural almond butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 apple, sliced
- Steam your apple slices until they get soft. You can peel the apple before steaming it or you can leave the skin on—it's up to you.
- Make your bar my mixing the rest of the ingredients together in a food processor until you get a soft dough.
- Press the dough onto a small silicone brownie pan. Add your apple slices on top, and sprinkle the whole thing with some extra cinnamon or allspice.
- Bake at 340 F (170 C) for about 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Or if you want your bars really soft inside, just take them out while they're still a bit sticky in the middle! That's what I did when I made these bars, and they were delish.
- Let the bars cool down completely before slicing and eating.
- Note: You can substitute sunflower seed butter for the almond butter. You can use coconut or regular milk in place of almond milk.