This easy recipe is perfect for a post-workout meal. Chicken and rice is one of the most common bodybuilding diet meals, but most guys make it boring and bland as hell. Fortunately, just a few additions can make it into a meal that tastes almost like a delicious restaurant stir-fry, just without all the oil, cornstarch, and sugar.
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook peppers, carrots, and broccoli in olive oil until desired doneness.
- Once veggies are cooked, add chicken breast slices, and cook until chicken is just about done.
- Add garlic, ginger, and soy sauce (to taste).
- Remove from heat and mix in chopped basil leaves.
- Mix with white rice.
- If desired, add honey, cilantro, green onions, and lime juice.