Skip greasy, fried nachos in favor of complex carbs with these sweet-potato, protein-topped nachos.
- 3 whole sweet potato
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- 1 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2½ oz avocado
- 2½ oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 oz low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice sweet potato into wedges, and spray potato wedges with olive oil.
- Season wedges with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté seasoned wedges for 5 minutes until outsides are brown.
- Bake sautéed potatoes at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- Sauté onions with olive oil, and add turkey to the skillet.
- Season turkey with chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Add no-salt tomato sauce.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and top them off with the meat sauce.
- Garnish with avocado, Greek yogurt, green onions and cheese.