This recipe is three things: easy, simple, and nutritious. The combination of sweet potato, sautéed bacon, and onions makes a great throne upon which to display your egg. Dig into this muscle-building meal fit for a champ!
- 1 whole sweet potato
- 1 sliced white onion
- 1 whole red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- ¼ tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp scallions, sliced
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 slice bacon strips
- Peel and dice sweet potato. We used a local white sweet potato.
- Coat pan with grapeseed oil.
- Sauté onions and bacon pieces. Allow to caramelize. Don't shake the pan because you'll break the sear that's giving it that golden brown color.
- Add red peppers and sweet potatoes.
- Dice and add fresh parsley.
- Add lime juice.
- As the hash cooks, add oil to another pan and allow pan to warm.
- Crack and fry egg.
- Top hash with scallions and salt and pepper to taste. Plate and top with fried egg.