This quick and easy pre-workout salmon burger has everything you need to grow: 35 grams of protein, healthy Omega-3 fats, and complex carbs. No matter what your goal is, you need all three to build, recover, and repair.
- 16 oz wild salmon
- ½ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 30 g low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 serving whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat the grill or warm a grill pan on medium-high heat on the stove.
- Place the salmon in a food processor and pulse to chop to a consistency of ground chicken or ground beef. Do not blend the salmon or it will end up as a paste.
- Scoop the salmon into a large bowl and add the panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan, and olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture into three even portions and form into patties. Season with salt and pepper and place on grill. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, making sure the salmon is golden brown before you flip it over.
- To make the burgers, open a multigrain bun and layer the bottom half with Dijon mustard, arugula, cooked salmon patty, onion, and tomato. Top with additional arugula and mustard before covering with top half of bun.