Eggs are affordable, lean sources of quality protein. Add in a bit of spinach for iron and antioxidants, and mozzarella for a hearty dose of bone-building calcium. Oh, and don't forget that this meal tastes absolutely delicious! To save time in the morning, I carefully measure out each portion of liquid egg whites and store them in airtight containers. I store single servings of spinach and oatmeal in separate plastic bags.
- 1 whole egg
- 5 egg whites
- ¼ cup fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- ⅔ cup quick oats
- 1 packet (0.5 oz) honey
- ½ medium granny smith apple
- to taste cinnamon
- 2 tbsp papayas
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat and spray with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, whip 1 egg and 5 egg whites; season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Toss spinach into the pan and allow it wilt. When it's nearly wilted, pour in the egg mixture.
- Stir and flip mixture with a spatula until the eggs are scrambled. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cook instant oatmeal with water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- When finished, add cinnamon, 1 honey stick (optional), and 1/2 Granny Smith apple (chopped).