Fuel up in the morning and reap the rewards throughout the day and during your workout! If this recipe doesn't make you fall in love with avocados, then I don't know what will. Plus, the ideal match of protein and heart healthy fats is sure to keep you moving. Add some toast (and more lean protein if desired) and you're set! Boom.
- 1 avocado
- 2 egg
- 2 strip low-sodium turkey bacon
- Set oven to 405 degrees F. Slice avocados in half and scoop out part of the insides to make a larger hole. Either save or immediately eat the part of the removed avocado.
- Crack eggs in a bowl.
- Use folded/crumbled aluminum foil or a ramekin to prop up the avocado halves on a baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to place 1 egg yolk in each of the avocado halves. Then pour the egg white evenly between the halves. Season if desired with pepper, cumin, and a small pinch of sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes. Again, remember to use foil or ramekins to prop up avocados while they bake.