Take a break from all the pumpkin spice with this surprisingly rich and savory soup. Use spicy curry powder instead of sweet to kick it up a notch!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2½ cup vegetable broth
- 13½ oz coconut milk, canned, full-fat
- 1 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and curry powder in the coconut oil over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, coconut milk, and onion mixture in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook the soup, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly warmed. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, divide into bowls and garnish with sliced basil leaves.