Kris Gethin's DTP tuna melt is the perfect combination of protein, carbs and flavor. Need a dense, delicious meal? Look here.
- 8 oz albacore tuna
- 2 oz tomato sauce, canned
- ½ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cup, diced red Potatoes
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning to taste
- Cut the potato in slices to panfry in non-fat cooking spray for 10-20 sec.
- Spray a deep oven dish with non-fat cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C).
- Put some of the tomato paste in the bottom of the dish and then add a layer of potato, tuna, herbs, chili flakes and fat-free cheese.
- Repeat one more time with tomato paste, potato, tuna and finish off with the fat-free cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 25 min until a nice color develops.