Just finished a brutal workout? Replenish your energy and kick-start muscle growth and repair with a chocolate protein cake that actually meets your macros!
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 whole egg
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 10 g strawberries
- 10 g blueberries
- 1 square dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate and berries in a bowl.
- Whisk until mixture is light and almost frothy. If needed, add more almond milk to achieve the right consistency.
- Break dark chocolate into smaller pieces. Add to mixture along with berries.
- Line loaf tin with wax paper or coconut oil.
- Pour in mixture, and place in the oven. Cook for 40-60 minutes. Make sure a toothpick or knife comes out clean. (If you have a good oven the cooking time may be shorter so, as time creeps on, be sure to pay attention to your loaf.)
- Serving suggestion: If you find the loaf a bit dry, or just want to add a little extra flavor, reach for a dollop of yogurt. It adds that extra bit of deliciousness, balances the dish out perfectly, and eliminates the need for a coat of sugar-filled icing.