Every time I feel a "squeeze" on my wallet, I turn to my personal ol' faithful—canned or packaged tuna. Tuna is not only affordable, but it's also a good, lean protein source whether you're cutting or bulking. Just sneak into your parents' house and "borrow" a few spices, and you can crank up that tuna salad to the next level.
- 2 can tuna, canned in water
- 2 brown rice cake
- 1½ tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon yields lemon juice
- 3 slice, thick/large (1/2" thick) tomatoes
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 tsp, ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a bowl, mix drained tuna, yogurt, seasonings, and onions. Use a fork to mash the tuna and mix the ingredients together.
- Taste and continue seasoning until it is to your liking. You can also use 1 tsp turmeric to really add extra spice.
- Place half the tuna salad on a brown rice cake with a slice of tomato and lettuce. Enjoy!
- Note: Diced onions and bell peppers are optional.