Kiss fast food goodbye and make taco time fit your macros with this chicken-based take on the original.
- 2 piece chicken breast
- ⅓ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1 tbsp pico de gallo
- ¼ cup, pureed avocado
- ½ cup, shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 420 degrees F.
- Mix panko and seasonings.
- Butterfly the chicken breast. Hammer it thin with a mallet, if needed. Dust with coconut flour.
- Beat an egg in a small bowl. Dip the chicken breast in egg, then seasoned panko.
- Spray a skillet with oil and allow it to get hot. Add the chicken breast and sear both sides (about 2-3 minutes).
- Place the skillet and chicken breast in the oven for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then add chicken to taco holder and garnish.