I love crock pot recipes. They're just so convenient! This recipe is also super easy because it's made of ingredients you probably already have in your cabinets and fridge. If you're not a paprika fan, feel free to substitute other spices.
- 2⅓ lb pot roast
- 1 whole red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz tomato sauce, canned
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1¼ tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1¼ tbsp italian seasoning
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan.
- In a bowl, mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian spice, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub pot roast with mixed spices until well-covered.
- Place pot roast in pan and brown on all sides.
- While meat is browning, cut onion into small slivers.
- Place half of the onion slivers into bottom of crock pot.
- Add just enough water to crock pot to partially cover onions, then place browned pot roast on top of the onions.
- Add remaining onion slivers around the pot roast in crock pot.
- In a small bowl, stir together tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Carefully pour mixture over pot roast.
- Turn crock pot to high and cook for approximately 4-1/2 hours.
- Tip: All slow cookers are a bit different, so reference your manual and a cook-time chart if you're unsure or if your pot roast is bigger or smaller than 2-1/3 pounds.