All that fat is a waste unless it's turned to crunchy crackling, so we turned to the king of crisp, celebrity chef and restaurateur Jamie Oliver, for his take on getting your pork up to scratch.
- 1½ lb pork belly
- 2 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalk celery
- 10 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp, ground thyme
- 600 ml water
- Flip your cooker to the hotter-than-hell setting (its maximum) to preheat it.
- Slice a few knife wounds into the belly's fat and rub with salt, then stack it skin side up in a roasting tray.
- Place it in the oven for an hour until the crackling starts to pop, then chuck in the veggies to keep it company.
- Flick down the heat to 180º C and let it sit there for another hour.
- Serve with roasted spuds for a cheap dish you'll wish you had in your trough every night.