Bypass the heavily processed, freezer-frosted childhood favorite for this healthy, cheese-dusted alternative. You can have your omega-3s and enjoy them, too. Pair with a yogurt-based dipping sauce and a wedge of lemon for a classic touch.
Fish Sticks Ingredients
- 2 whole 4 oz tilapia fillets
- 1 package (6 oz) bread stuffing, bread, dry mix
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp liquid egg whites
Lemon Dippin Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup vanilla, nonfat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 405 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut fish into long pieces so they resemble slender fillets. You can remove the skin of the fish as well. If you have a thinner piece of white fish, it may be harder for it to stay together without the skin. If you use a fish like catfish, I highly recommend removing the skin before baking.
- Mix panko, amaranth flakes, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and cayenne together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in another bowl.
- Dip fish in the egg mixture, then dip into the breadcrumbs. Place the pieces on a baking sheet or rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the ingredients together for the dipping sauce and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.