If you're missing the crispy goodness of fried chicken, this recipe will fill the void. A typical serving of fried chicken has about 325 calories. This recipe has only half the calories—with just as much crunch and flavor! I listed the spices I like to use, but you could easily omit some or add your own to personalize the flavor.
- 1½ cup rice cereal
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 20 oz chicken breast
- 1 spray olive oil
- 1 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp powdered Stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cereal in a bag. Use a rolling pin or can to crush into small pieces. Be careful not to turn it into a powder.
- Place crushed cereal in a large bowl and add onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites and water, and stir well.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Dip a piece of chicken into the egg whites and allow the excess to run off.
- Dip chicken in the cereal mixture. Press down to help it stick. Coat thoroughly.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and lightly spray each piece with olive oil spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min. Flip the chicken and spray lightly. Bake another 8-10 min.
- As chicken bakes, mix together Greek yogurt, mustard, and sweetener to make dipping sauce.